Wimbeldon, London. SW19.
This characteristic Edwardian property in the heart of Wimbledon shows the possibilities of entering the roof space and creating further living space to accommodate a growing family.
The lead clad dormers show a more traditional style of roof covering and is totally maintenance free. The large windows allowing natural light to flood in over the staircase and bedroom areas. The ground floor single storey extension spanning the width of the building has exposed structural elements . The ceiling line follows the pitch of the roof and gives the living area an exaggerated feeling of space. The wide areas of glazing give full aspect to the large town garden .
This house was unoccupied through out the refurbishment.
- Removal of existing roof and ground floor out buildings
- Reconstruction of roof including steel frame two build two bedrooms and ensuite facilities
- New staircase accessing new loft rooms
- Total refurbishment of existing house including two bathrooms ,new electrical and heating system through out
- New single storey rear extension to form kitchen and family room facilities with hardwood flooring through out ground floor.